Wednesday 27 August 2008

The Wonderful End of the World

Title
Developer
Publisher
Genre
ESRB Rating
Demo Release Date
Full Release Date
Platforms
Official Website
Demo Download Size
Review Date

The Wonderful End of the World
Dejobaan Games
Dejobaan Games
Racing
Not Rated
25th January 2008
25th January 2008
PC (Reviewed)
http://www.dejobaan.com/wonderful
220MB
26th August 2008

What did I think before playing?
Never heard of it. Stumbled upon it within Steam because the great name, which conjured up memories of BioShock and other stories of failed dreams of ruling the world.

What is included?
The first two levels of the game.

What did I think afterwards?
Huge disappointment, but its because I judged a book by its cover, (or rather a game by its title.) Turns out this is a Katamari Damacy rip off in which you play a VectorMan-a-like running around trying to touch all of the objects in the scene within the time limit in order to get them to stick to you so that you grow bigger which means even larger objects will stick to you.

Would I buy the full game?
The second level contained some nice video game references, but this really just looks like a student project that they managed to put up on Steam to try and make a quick buck. More power to them, but no thanks.

Demo Pros
Colorful, humorous, good length.

Demo Cons
Not much wrong with the demo.

Demo Rating 8 / 10

Thoughts after playing the full game?
If I play the full game I will put comments here about whether I feel the demo was representative of the final product and if I am happy with the purchase.

Sales Figures
If I can find sales information about a game after it has been released I'll add that here. It may be useful to track demos to sales performance.

No comments: